Alison - Counsellor
- MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- MA in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Counselling Tutor in Counselling
- Published Author on Relationships
- Specialises in working with Adults, Young Adults, and Children (11+).
- Presentational specialisms: Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Anger Management, Bereavement, Self Esteem, Self Confidence and Relationship Challenges (one to one and couples).
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Face to Face, Skype, Telephone, Online Counselling, Therapy and Coaching.
Alison is a highly qualified Integrative Counsellor and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT), holding separate master’s level qualifications in both disciplines. Her depth of understanding also enables her to practice as a counselling tutor, alongside her work as a counsellor and therapist.
She has wide-ranging therapeutic interests. However, is particularly drawn to working with clients struggling with Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Anger Management, Bereavement, Self Esteem, Self Confidence and Relationship Challenges (one to one and couples) to name just a few.
Alison’s experience allows her to work both one to one and with couples, supporting clients to work through a wide range of relationship challenges.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is an evidence-based practice, favoured by NICE, for working with a variety of conditions. As such this approach is in high demand when working with conditions such as Anxiety and Depression.
Alison’s MA in Counselling also means she is well qualified to support a far wider number of presentations, with working on a one to one basis or when required working with you and your partner together in the form of couples/marriage counselling.
A compassionate, highly qualified and skilled Counsellor and CBT Therapist who embraces the concept of recognising the client as an individual and taking things at their pace.
Face to Face, Zoom and Telephone Counselling.
Practice Location: Reading
- Bracknell (27 Mins)
- Earley (18 Mins)
- Goring (25 Mins)
- Pangbourne (20 Mins)
- Theale (14 Mins)
- Twyford (22 Mins)
- Wokingham (19 Mins)
Types of Sessions
- Zoom & Skype
Types of Client
- Young People (11+)
- Adults (One to One & Couples)
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- MA in Counselling in Psychotherapy
Areas of Counselling I offer.
- Anger Management
- Anxiety & Panic
- Domestic Abuse
- Low Self Esteem
- Self Confidence
- Self Esteem
- Work Related Stress