Cheryl - Counsellor
- Member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists.
- Foundation Degree in Counselling (FdA)
- Humanistic Counsellor
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Specialises in working with adults and Young People (16+)
- Presentational specialisms: Anxiety, Bullying, Depression, Low Self Esteem, Panic Attacks, Stress, and Relationships.
- Daytime and Evening Availability.
- Zoom, Telephone, Online Counselling, Face to Face.
Cheryl is a fully qualified humanistic counsellor whose practice is also informed by principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). She has wide-ranging therapeutic interests, including Anxiety, Bullying, Depression, Low Self Esteem, Panic Attacks, Stress, and Relationship challenges to name but a few.
One to One Counselling
Cheryl has gained wide-ranging experience in various professional settings, including working in a GP surgery, in school settings, and having her own private practice.
As well as holding a FdA in counselling, Cheryl holds full membership of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). She attends regular workshops and training to inform and supplement her ongoing practice.
It doesn’t matter if you’re on your own, married, living together, single, gay, bisexual, straight, or transgender regardless of age, education or financial background, each of us will be presented with life challenges that can often be overwhelming. Cheryl’s warm and empathic manner makes her a popular choice for many clients.
Cheryl has counselled young people both in school and organisational settings.
She has experience working collaboratively with other mental health professionals, supporting people of various ages when working with various complex presentations, including such things as ADHD, ADD, ASD, and dyslexia, as well as other learning and developmental difficulties. Anger, Bullying, Family Issues, Gender Dysphoria, Self Esteem, Anxiety and Depression have also featured in her caseload.
Cheryl is an LGBTQAI+ affirmative counsellor who has experience of working with members of this community.
- Amesbury (17 Minutes)
- Basingstoke (27 Mins)
- Porton Down (25 Mins)
- Salisbury (29 Mins)
- Stockbridge (14 Mins)
- Tidworth (17 Mins)
- Whitchurch (14 Mins)
Types of Sessions
- Zoom & Skype
Types of Client
- Young People (16+)
- Older People
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- Humanistic – Foundation Degree
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – Diploma (Advanced)
Areas of Counselling I offer
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Constraints at work
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress