Emma - Counsellor
- BSc (Hons) Integrative Counselling
- Member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP)
- Specialises in working with adults & Young People (11+)
- Works with clients one to one and couples.
- Presentational specialisms: Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Mental Health, Self Esteem, Self Confidence and Relationships (One to One & Couples).
- Face to Face, Zoom and Telephone Counselling
As well as being a BSc graduate in integrative counselling, Emma has also gained experience in various settings, including her own private practice.
Emma is a person-centred and psychodynamic counsellor incorporating CBT and solution-focused techniques where needed. She works a lot with the unconscious mind, meaning that she can help you recognise patterns of thought and behaviour that you may not be fully aware of.
She is also trained in guided imagery and visualisations for therapeutic change, mindfulness and somatic experiencing.
As an integrative counsellor, Emma can draw on several therapeutic approaches and principles to support your work together. This includes integrating Person-Centred, Psychodynamic, Existential and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis (TA) and Gestalt principles.
Emma has far-reaching therapeutic interests, including Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Mental Health, Self Esteem, Self Confidence and Relationship Challenges.
Amma’s background and experience show she is happy working with couples clients, drawing on her background to assist your work together.
A compassionate and skilled counsellor who embraces the concept of recognising the client as an individual and taking things at their pace.
She is passionate about allowing people a voice whilst offering them autonomy and empathy within the safety of the therapeutic relationship. She believes this ethos is fundamental within her therapeutic approach as it allows the individual to focus on realising and reaching their full potential.
Offering a non-judgemental, creative space for clients. Emma helps clients become aware of the mind/body communication system with a view to supporting trauma work. I offer ways that aim to change the feelings connected to the memories and assist in developing a greater awareness of the psyche.
Skype, Telephone and Online Counselling
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Types of Sessions
- Face to Face
Types of Clients
- Young People (16+)
- Older People
- Daytime, Evenings
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- Person-Centred Approach informed by Psychodynamic Theory
- BSc (Hons) Integrative Counselling – Integrative (L6)
- Diploma in Guided Imagery and Visualisations for Therapeutic Change
- Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Areas of Counselling I offer
- Behaviour Concerns
- Health Anxiety
- Mental Health
- Panic Attacks
- Self Confidence
- Self Esteem
- Sleep Hygiene