Lisa - Counsellor
- BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Counselling
- Qualified Adolescent Counsellor
- Member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP)
- Specialises in working with adults & Young People (16+)
- Presentational specialisms: Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Mental Health, Self Esteem, Self Confidence and Relationships.
- Zoom and Telephone Counselling
As well as being a BSc graduate in Therapeutic Counselling, Lisa has also gained experience in counselling both within an educational setting and in private practice. She works with both young people and adults. Additional experience includes working as a Wellbeing Coach for a Primary Care Network (PCN) of GP Surgeries, where she supported clients with a variety of needs. This has also enabled Lisa to gain experience in multi-disciplinary working.
As an integrative counsellor, Lisa can draw upon principles of a number of therapeutic approaches, including Person-Centred, Psychodynamic, Existential, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis (TA) and Gestalt Therapy.
She has far-reaching therapeutic interests, particularly associated with Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Mental Health, Self Esteem, Self Confidence and Relationship Challenges.
As well as being a qualified adolescent counsellor, Lisa has has gained experience working with young people as part of a busy team of student counsellors in a Sixth form college.
She has experience working collaboratively with other mental health professionals, supporting people 16+ with a variety of presentations, including such things as ADHD, ADD, ASD, dyslexia, and additional learning and developmental difficulties. Physical, Sexual and Emotional challenges, as well as Bereavement, Loss, Perfectionism and exploring sexuality, have also featured in her caseload, as have Bullying, Stress, Relationship and Job and Career based challenges.
A compassionate and skilled counsellor embraces the concept of recognising the client as an individual and taking things at their pace.
She is passionate about allowing people a voice whilst offering them autonomy and empathy within the safety of the therapeutic relationship. She believes this ethos is fundamental within her therapeutic approach as it allows the individual to focus on realising and reaching their full potential.
Skype, Telephone and Online Counselling
Location: Tadley, Hampshire
Types of Sessions
Types of Clients
- Young People (16+)
- Older People
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- Person-Centred Approach informed by Integrative Counselling
- BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Counselling – Integrative (L6)
- Diploma Adolescent Counselling – Integrative (L5)
- Diploma Therapeutic Counselling – Integrative (L4)
- Member of the school and college counselling Expert Reference Group (BACP)
- The You Trust – Domestic Abuse Champion
Areas of Counselling I offer
- Behaviour Concerns
- Health Anxiety
- Mental Health
- Panic Attacks
- Self Confidence
- Self Esteem
- Sleep Hygiene