Ian Stockbridge - Senior Accredited Counsellor & Supervisor
- Senior Accredited Member of the National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society (NCPS)
- Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- PGCert (Level 7) Clinical Supervision
- BSc.(Hons) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling.
- Diploma in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT).
- Certificate in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Certificate in working with Trauma.
- LGBTQ+ Affirmative Therapist
- Member of:
- Coaching Association (CA)
- Specialises in working with Adults and Groups.
- Presentational specialisms: Anxiety, Depression, Anger Management, Relationships, Self Confidence & Self Esteem.
- Face to Face, Skype, Telephone, Online Counselling and Coaching.
- Podcast Link: The Talk Room
One to one counselling
Ian Stockbridge is the founder and lead counsellor at Hope Therapy and Counselling Services. He is a fully accredited Counsellor with the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP) and Senior Accredited with the National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society (NCPS) member. He also holds a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Degree and a Post Graduate Qualification (Level 7) in Clinical Supervision.
At the heart of Ian’s practice is a belief that the client must remain at the centre of all that happens in the counselling room. So whether integrating principles from approaches like CBT, ACT or Mindfulness into your work together or looking at some of life’s most challenging moments, he will always go at the right pace. Ian’s particular areas of focus in his individual client work include Anxiety, Depression, Anger Management, Relationships, Self Confidence & Self-esteem. He is also a passionate advocate of supporting diversity in whatever form it comes.
As well as Ian’s individual client work, he also regularly works in group settings. If you are interested in learning mindfulness to support your emotional and wellbeing needs, he offers a variety of training support for presentations such as anxiety, stress and depression as well as self-compassion based programmes. Take a look at our Mindfulness Page to see a selection of the group support on offer.
Ian holds a Post Graduate qualification (Level 7) in clinical supervision and is on the National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society (NCPS) approved supervisor register. He is also a Senior Accredited member of the National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society (NCPS) and holds accreditation with the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP). As such, he is trained to a high academic standard and able to support the counsellor’s work ethically and consistently.
In addition to working with private clients in an individual or group capacity, Ian also manages the organisational and corporate support arm of Hope Therapy. So if you are looking to support your organisational welfare or stress management needs, we can help by offering Occupational Counselling, Workplace Mediation, Critical Incident Support, Training workshops and Executive Coaching.
Ian has extensive experience working at Senior Management and Board levels in various organisational settings, including FT-250 & FT-100 companies. So if you are looking for somebody to offer a truly holistic approach to your organisation’s individual and work-based needs, simply get in touch.
You can see what other people say about Ian and the wider Hope Therapy Team by looking at our testimonial page.
If you would like to hear Ian discuss all things Mental Health and Wellbeing Related, you can find him here: The Talk Room