Dawn - Counsellor
- Qualified Humanistic Counsellor influenced by CBT
- Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
- Twenty years of experience working within the NHS and Social Care Roles
- Specialises in working with Adults & Young People (18+)
- Presentational specialisms: Abuse, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Bullying, Depression, Family Issues, Health Anxiety, Mental Health, Study Issues, Self Esteem, Self Confidence, Stress, Work Issues and Relationships.
- Zoom, Face to face and Telephone Counselling
With up to 20 years of experience working within the NHS and in social care roles, Dawn has seen both the highs and lows of life. She is a hugely empathic individual with significant experience in supporting client welfare.
As well as being a fully qualified humanistic counsellor with additional training in Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT) and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Dawn has also gained significant experience within organisational settings along with her own private practice.
Dawn is a humanistic counsellor who integrates CBT, NLP, SFT and EFT principles into her work. This breadth of experience allows her to bring different working methods depending on the client’s needs and preferences.
She has far-reaching therapeutic interests, particularly associated with Abuse, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Bullying, Depression, Family Issues, Health Anxiety, Mental Health, Study Issues, Self Esteem, Self Confidence, Stress, Work Issues and Relationships.
A compassionate and skilled counsellor who embraces the client as an individual and takes things at their pace.
She is passionate about extending autonomy and empathy within the safety of the therapeutic relationship and sees this as core to enabling the individual to realise their full potential.
Face to Face, Zoom, Telephone and Online Counselling
Location: Guildford, Surrey.
- Aldershot (22 Mins)
- Bramley (12 Mins)
- Camberley (27 Mins)
- Cobham (27 Mins)
- East Horsley (13 Mins)
- Farnborough (22 Mins)
- Godalming (22 Mins)
- Woking (15 Mins)
Types of Sessions
- Face to Face
Types of Clients
- Young People (18+)
- Older People
- National Counselling Society (NCS)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Anxiety Training
- Bereavement Training
- Suicide Prevention
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Post Natal Depression
- Hoarding Awareness
- Suicide Awareness Training
Areas of Counselling I offer
- Anger Management
- Health Anxiety
- Mental Health
- Panic Attacks
- Pregnancy & Post-Natal Depression
- Self Confidence
- Self Esteem
- Sleep Hygiene