Kalpna - Counsellor
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling with additional specialist training.
- Specialises in working with Adults, Young Adults (18+).
- Presentational specialisms: Anger Management, Abuse, Relationships, Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, Exploring Cultural Heritage, Low Self Esteem & Low Self Confidence.
- Weekly Sessions Available.
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Face to Face, Walk & talk Outdoor Therapy, Telephone, Online Counselling via Zoom, Therapy and Coaching.
Kalpna is a qualified, highly competent and very sought-after Counsellor, who has gained experience in various professional settings alongside having her own private practice. She has significant experience working with adults and young adults (18+).
Counsellor in Rickmansworth
Kalpna works predominantly from a Person-Centred Perspective but she is able to draw upon principles of a wide variety of different therapeutic approaches, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Transactional Analysis (TA) when appropriate to do so. This approach places the client at the heart of the work that is done together, ensuring that things progress at a pace that is right and appropriate for the work you do together but also allows for flexibility in the manner that you work together.
Kalpna is passionate about allowing people a voice whilst offering them autonomy and empathy within the safety of a therapeutic relationship. She believes this ethos is particularly important within her modality of a person-centred approach as it allows the individual to focus on realising and reaching their full potential.
Her approach is that sessions should progress at a pace the client feels comfortable with.
You might be having a relationship or family issue or with your friends? Or perhaps you feel there’s something missing because you don’t have these relationships at all. You will be given the opportunity to work through all areas of your relationships with others as well as with yourself.
Having worked previously for a charity whose focus was primarily working with Anxiety & Depression alongside the clients she supports in her own private practice, Kalpna is well placed to help you explore a range of mental health challenges along with their underlying causes.
Expatriate & Multicultural Counselling
Having lived and worked in a variety of countries throughout her career, including Kenya, Japan and Malaysia, Kalpna is able to support the exploration of a wide range of culturally specific areas. If you are an Expatriate or looking generally to explore your cultural identity, simply get in touch.
Before training to be a Counsellor in Rickmansworth, Kalpna worked as a Management Consultant for many years, so is equally at home supporting clients with either counselling or coaching support. So whatever your need simply get in touch.
Kalpna is a highly experienced and sought after Counsellor in Rickmansworth, offering:
In Person Walk & Talk / outdoor, Zoom, Telephone and Online Counselling, Therapy and Coaching.
Location: Rickmansworth & Chorleywood, Hertfordshire
- Amersham (18 Mins)
- Chalfonts (18 Mins)
- Chesham (21 Mins)
- Hatfield (29 Mins)
- Hemel Hempstead (19 Mins)
- Pinner & Ruislip (20 Mins)
- Northwood & Moor Park (20 Mins)
- St Albans (24 Mins)
- Watford (14 Mins)
Types of Sessions
- Walk & Talk Outdoor Therapy
- On-Line using Zoom
Types of Client
- Young People (18+)
- Older People
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- Diploma – Person Centred Counselling (L4)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
Areas of Counselling I offer.
- Anger Management
- Career Counselling
- Constraints at work
- Emotional Abuse
- Feeling Sad
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Negative Thoughts & Worry
- Panic attacks
- Social Anxiety
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress