Emma - Counsellor
- Psychology Bsc. (Hons) First Class
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Trained in Mindfulness
- Trained in art and play therapy, primarily used with young people.
- Specialises in working with Adults, Young Adults, Young People and Children.
- Presentational specialisms: Relationships, Family Issues, Anxiety & Stress (home, school and work-based), Depression, Abuse, Low Self Esteem, Autism
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Face to Face, Skype, Telephone, Online Counselling, Therapy and Coaching.
Emma has a first-class honours degree in Psychology, which supports her understanding of her clients and the many challenges with which they present. She has also gained experience in offering group and individual psychological support within a local community mental health team.
A fully qualified integrative counsellor who has gained experience in various professional settings, alongside having her own private practice. Experienced in working with adults, young adults, young people and children (12+).
In addition to being a fully qualified counsellor, enabling her to integrate person-centred and psychodynamic approaches, she also has additional training in mindfulness which she integrates into her client work.
Regularly working with children and young people, she can also draw upon play and art therapy to support her client work.
Emma has gained experience of working collaboratively with other mental health professionals, supporting people of all ages while working with a variety of presentations including such things as autism along with other learning and developmental difficulties. Physical, Sexual and Emotional abuse, as well as Bereavement, Loss, Perfectionism, anxiety, depression and anger issues, have all featured in her caseload.
Having received training in working with abuse, this is an area of particular focus for Emma.
She is passionate about allowing people a voice whilst offering them autonomy and empathy within the safety of a therapeutic relationship. She believes this ethos is particularly important within her approach as it allows the individual to focus on realising and reaching their full potential.
Her approach is that sessions should progress at a pace the client feels comfortable with.
Face to Face, Online and Telephone Counselling.
- Reading (10 Mins)
- Goring (19 Mins)
- Pangbourne (23 Mins)
- Maidenhead (23 Mins)
- Theale (25 Mins)
- Wokingham (25 Mins)
Types of Sessions
- Zoom & Skype
Types of Client
- Young People
- Older People
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- Diploma – Integrative Counselling (L4)
- Art Therapy
- Play Therapy
Areas of Counselling I offer.
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Carer Support
- Child related Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Abuse
- Family Issues
- Feeling Sad
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Learning Difficulties
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Physical Abuse
- Relationship Problems
- Seperation & Divorce
- Sexual Abuse
- Work Related Stress
- Young Carers