Lucy - Counsellor
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling with additional specialist training.
- Specialises in working with Adults, Young Adults (18+).
- Presentational specialisms: Anger Management, Relationships, Anxiety, Depression, Trauma & LGBTQ+ Related Issues.
- Member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
- Zoom, Telephone, Online Counselling, Therapy and Coaching.
Lucy is a qualified and highly compassionate Counsellor in Reading, who has gained experience of working with both adults and young adults in various settings including her own private practice. She has an Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and holds membership with the National Counselling Society.
Lucy has worked in an addiction service which brought her into contact with many of life’s challenges, which, along with her own private practice experience, has equipped her to support clients with Anger Management, Anxiety, Depression, Bereavement, Low Self Esteem as well as Addiction. She also has a particular interest in supporting clients from within the LGBTQ+ community.
Experienced at supporting people achieve a variety of addiction-related goals.
Members of the LGBTQ+ community can face many unique challenges which they may wish to explore. As such, Lucy is an LGBTQ+ Affirmative Counsellor and has a particular interest in supporting people from within this community to find the best steps forward in a wide range of relevant areas.
She is passionate about allowing people a voice whilst offering them autonomy and empathy within the safety of a therapeutic relationship. She believes this ethos is particularly important as it allows individuals to focus on realising and reaching their full potential.
Her approach is that sessions should progress at a pace the client feels comfortable with.
Lucy is a highly experienced and sought after Counsellor in Reading, offering:
Zoom, Telephone and Online Counselling, Therapy and Coaching.
Practice Location: Reading
- Bracknell (27 Mins)
- Earley (18 Mins)
- Goring (25 Mins)
- Pangbourne (20 Mins)
- Theale (14 Mins)
- Twyford (22 Mins)
- Wokingham (19 Mins)
Types of Sessions
Types of Client
- Young People
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- National Counselling Society (NCS)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- Advanced Diploma – Therapeutic Counselling (L4)
- Hypnotherapy & Counselling (L3)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Abuse & Addiction
Areas of Counselling I offer.
- Alcohol Addiction
- Anger Management
- Behaviour Problems
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Abuse
- Feeling Sad
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- LGBTQ+ Related Issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Phobias (Specific)
- Social Phobia
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress