Murray - Counselling in Leeds
Profile: Murray: Counselling in Leeds
- Integrative Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Interpersonal Skills & Counselling
- Coach & Counsellor
- Presentational specialisms: Abuse, Addiction, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loneliness, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), PTSD, Trauma.
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Specialises in working with Adults, Young Adults, Young People and Children.
- Zoom, Telephone, Online Counselling, Therapy and Coaching.
Murray is a qualified, highly competent counsellor and coach. Offering coaching and counselling in Leeds, he has gained experience in various organisational settings and his private practice.
During a five–and–a–half year period in the employment sector, Murray successfully utilised a range of life coaching skills to assist people who faced a variety of life challenges. During this period, he became increasingly aware passionate not only about the clear benefits of coaching but also in the area of mental and wellbeing.
Murray subsequently trained as an integrative counsellor and now regularly draws upon principles of coaching and various therapeutic approaches in his varied client work.
Murray’s practice is informed by the belief that you are the expert in your own life, and you absolutely retain the autonomy to decide in the direction you wish to take in counselling.
In working with you, Murray offers a collaborative and non–directive approach whilst holding an empathic and non–judgemental space. Once a direction has been agreed upon, Murray will draw upon principles of coaching, person-centred approach (PCA), Transactional Analysis (TA), Cognitive Behavioural Analysis and Gestalt depending on the individual client’s wants and needs.
Murray has worked with wide-ranging presentations, including Abuse, Addiction, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loneliness, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), PTSD, Relationship Challenges, and Trauma.
Location Leeds, Yorkshire
Types of Sessions
- Zoom & Skype
Types of Client
- Young People (18+)
- Older People
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- Diploma – Integrative Counselling (L5)
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT)
Areas of Counselling I offer.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anger Management
- Behaviour Problems
- Career Counselling
- Carer Support
- Constraints at work
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Abuse
- Feeling Sad
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Phobias (Specific)
- Social Phobia
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Weight problems (not Eating Disorders)
- Work-related stress